Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rough Draft of My 2010 Life List

I do not know how to start my blog entry right now. I'm just clicking the keyboard, click the letters which compose the words in my mind. It's downright funny, and I'm serious. My fingers are clicking the keys as I think. So this is what a perplexed mind is all about. I can't think of any serious thoughts, life-changing thoughts, ideas, concepts, images that will make my 2010 a real deal. See? Is there a fake deal? Words escaped me right now. Too much thriller novels and Pacman mania killed my sane self. Allow me clarify, Pacman mania refers to the mindless munching of anything edible found in the kitchen and fridge, similar to the yellowish round cartoon who gobbles everything circa 1980s.

This is supposed to be my rough draft of my goals for 2010, but my mind is still on a Bruce Willis mode. Three action-packed thrillers in two days did this to me. Guns, threats, betrayal, sarcasm, jury, trial, cops, intelligence reports. This is a new genre for me, so please bear with me. I'm used to slow pacing of love stories. I practically grew up with the latter.

I still do not know how to start my life list. I'm hearing Spongebob Squarepants on the background vis-a-vis Regina Spektor's song "Laughing With". A fellow from Bikini Bottom just said that ice cream is frozen cow juice. Hahaha! Cartoons sometime make sense, but for now I don't.

My current thoughts are focused on clicking the keyboard, what's for lunch and should I continue typing random stuff as it pops out of my mind.

I ought to focus NOW. Time's a-wasting, damn it.

The universe likes SPEED. Don't delay, don't second-guess, don't doubt.
- Rhonda Byrne, The Secret

Now I'm becoming impatient. I'll try.
  1. Focus.
  2. Procrastinate less.
  3. Eat right.
  4. Re-review your immediate goals. The prefix "re" is on purpose. I do not intend to make a rehash of my immediate goals. It's perfectly settled somewhere at the back of my mind where no one (not even my guardian angel) can tap on it.
  5. Apply for a foreign study grant or a short course.*
  6. Save money.
  7. Travel to rejuvenate my soul.**
  8. Pray more.
  9. Learn a new hobby/sport. Swimming perhaps? I need to conquer my fear.
  10. Make this list more detailed. I am hesitant to do this as I have learned my lesson, or maybe I'm a Doubting Thomas. Far worse, maybe it's the typical Libran trait speaking. I learned that whatever your wish/es is/are, just keep it/them to yourself. Some will secretly wish they will not come true, and others won't even care. 
I'm very, very random. This list may change in a few days. I should have drink coffee first, you think?

Dream big, as they say. I constantly remind myself to do just that. I did on several occasions. Big, colossal dreams. Rockets to the moon! But there were a few times my rockets ran out of fuel, burst on mid-air. Nonetheless, I'm lucky to be alive. When everything else seem to be big question marks, I pray. I'm really, really blessed.

Cheers to a happy year ahead! It will be. The Universe will speedily guarantee that to us.

* Actual details still to be pondered upon.
** It seems conflicting with # 6, but I'll surely resolve it.

No comments: