Monday, December 21, 2009

OMG! Brittany Murphy Dead At 32

Brittany Murphy left us. OH. EM. GEEE. OMG! I literally said this line while browsing OMG, a popular celebrity gossip source. She died yesterday, December 20, 2009, at the young age of 32. Gosh, life's really short.

Thumbs up for this BM's movie in 2003, but thumbs down for her sudden demise

I'm not much of a huge fan of Brittany, but I do like her bubbly personality. Her wide, toothy smile and the girly, girly moves. I remember her as one of the weird patients in Girl, Interrupted, the ugly duckling in Clueless, and the happy-go-lucky girl in Uptown Girls. Isn't Dakota Fanning cute in that film? I got the biggest surprise when I saw Dakota so grown-up as Volturi's lady vampire Jane in The Twilight Saga: New Moon. BTW, one of my favorite chick flicks wayyy back in HS is Clueless. In fact, my HS barkada's official name is Clueless Gals. Yup, the movie inspired us.

Okay, back to Brittany. So now she's dead. One big heave of a sigh. Too young to be dead. Life may offer you lots of security, but it sure does not guarantee a security of tenure.

If only LIFE is a member of a social networking site like Facebook, then maybe, just maybe, it would post a shoutout like: "LIFE is indeed short. May Brittany Murphy rest in peace. To all Facebookers, carpe diem!" I'll probably click the "Like" button.

No comments: