Friday, December 11, 2009

The Bridges of Madison County

I just finished reading this best-selling novel by Robert James Waller. If my memory serves me right, it was sometime in high school that I watched the movie based on this. It was the first movie that made me admire Meryl Streep's acting prowess. This novel brought out the hopeles romantic in me. Again. 


The love story of Robert Kincaid and Francesca Johnson inspired me a lot. Very emotional yet mind-stimulating. I could easily relate to it. I couldn't put my hands on it but there's something that tugged at my heartstrings while reading it.  
 
I had long dismissed that I should stop reading no-brainers. For me, romance fiction belongs to this category. But Bridges was an exception.

I highly recommend it for those who have fallen in love, madly and sincerely.

No comments: