Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Morning, Overrated

The vibrating alert of my cell phone buzzed furiously under my pillow. I opened my eyes, and voila it's morning. I could hear Annabelle Rama* barking orders to my siblings. I closed my eyes again, an attempted escape from military orders. Beneath my closed eyelids, I tried remembering dreams of the past night, if any. If there was, I'd recall the happy part. If there's none, I go back to sleep. Aha! Talk about cheating your own alarm clock.

Still in my floral pajamas, I will fold my blanket. Tidying up my bed is one crucial task. I'm the most lazy among Annabelle Rama's boarders. I folded the goddamned blanket ala The Flash mode, and the smell of fabric conditioner woke up my nostrils. Okay, it's mid-week. If it smells of my own body scent, I'm screwed. I forgot to change blankets.

I hurried down to inject caffeine to my system. I scooped a half-teaspoon of instant coffee, a teaspoon of brown sugar and powdered milk and poured lukewarm water into my cup. Ah, my life's blood. The addictive aroma signaled my brain to think, but failed. I slathered cheese spread unto a thin slice of bread... cheesy spurts emerged on the edges. My still drowsy self managed to eat three hotdogs with the bread.


I surveyed our box of an apartment, heard the deafening ticking of the clock and Wonder Pets theme song on TV. Sing along if you wish:


Linny: "Linny,"
Tuck: "Tuck,"
Ming-Ming: "And Ming-Ming, too!"
All: "We're Wonder Pets and we'll help you!"
Linny: "What's gonna work?"
Tuck and Ming-Ming or All: "Teamwork!"
Linny: "What's gonna work?"
Tuck and Ming-Ming or All: "Teamwork!"

It's my morning theme song. On second thought, was this played on purpose?

I caught myself in the mirror and asked, "Where do I go from here?" My waist circumference is getting bigger, or so I think. I noticed some potential breakouts beneath my jawline, a sign of sleep deprivation. I ignored the same, and thought whether there's anti-dandruff shampoo waiting for me. Let's not talk about hair, at this point, as this has been a bad hair day, literally. I've been wanting to devour loads of peanut butter just to see my hair longer.

My morning bath is so routinary for years. Johnson's Milk Bath serves as my bath soap and lotion rolled into one. Irony it is whenever I'd skip applying lotion when in fact I hate dry skin. Other details are not blog-worthy so I'd rather not babble.

When strong sun rays hit my face when I step out of the box, I  hopped on to another persona. I let the "Carpe diem" mantra seeped into every pores of my now refreshed body. It was surreal.

*Ruby, the bida/kontrabida of my life

No comments: