Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Celine" Finds


I'm not sure exactly what I'm trying to post right now. Maybe it's my way of thanking the boyfriend of his post-holiday generosity or I'm directly amused (I noticed I'm fond of this word lately) of the two "Celine" purchases yesterday. Both reasons are intertwined, so I'll be honest. It's both.


Personally, I put a lot of (possibly undue) pressure on myself to look presentable at the very least in every occasion. It's easy to ask why. I'm the eldest child and people sometimes look at the first born as the yardstick of a family's measure of success. Success is susceptible of many interpretations so let's skip that topic for now, please.


So since I'm going to attend my first cousin's wedding which calls for a semi-formal attire, I have to look for some dress. Truth to tell, I only own a few decent semi-formal dresses. I noticed that wearing a dress requires an enormous amount of (real) pressure to shave my legs and sit so femininely.

Below are the "Celine(s)".


This is the first "Celine". It's a simple denim-like dress designed by Celine Lopez for Plains and Prints. It stuck to my mind because I always read her lifestyle column in The Philippine Star every Sunday. We bought this for only Php 350. Wide grin.



This is the second "Celine". It's really from Celine boutique at Glorietta 5. It's been a long time since I had a red footwear. Something new for 2010.


When I got home, I immediately tried the dress and the sandals. It was pure bliss, so much so that I even took pictures of them.

No comments: