Sunday, January 10, 2010

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel



I'm the long-lost Chipette!

I had an entertaining Sunday afternoon.  

Uber thanks to the Seville furballs - as the jock Ryan calls them - for making me laugh.  Although the movie overall has little to no basis in reality and/or intellectual value (who needs it anyway?), the following is a list of squeakquel moments that I feel merit a space in my fun bank:
  1. When Dave first yelled his signature "Alvinnnnnnnnn!!!", I was very amused.
  2. I suddenly craved for a bag of UTZ cheese balls, the yummy treasure which Alvin found in the kitchen cupboard. I suddenly miss Kroger in Barracks Road. Damn.
  3. My heart leaped when The Chipettes sang "Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae, one of my favorite soul singers. Who would have thought huh?
  4. Theodore was the cutest when he almost die (I think so) under a blanket of intestinal gas.
  5. I think it was very clever of Alvin to use the remote control helicopter as their lifesaver. Talk about pogi points to Brittany.
  6. In an amusing manner, I felt pity upon Eleanor when she was forced to wear clogs to look tall, as ordered by the evil Ian Hawke. 
  7. Lastly, I was happy when I saw Charice Pempengco as herself in the music contest. Proud to be Pinoy!
I do wonder what song will the Chipmunks sing next.

No comments: