Friday, January 29, 2010

Cheap Thrills in Life Series: Claudette's Brazo de Mercedes

I've been wanting to start a series here in (where else?) my blog. I think it's time. I just want candid and whimsical entries. Anything that catches my attention during the day, no serious material, simple things that make me smile or hope for something positive. Yep, positive. It's the only catch-all term I can think of as of now. 

Brazo de Mercedes
Claudette's (I ♥ Cakes)
Valero Street, Makati City
 Php 370/roll

To start off, I want to make a tribute to one of the cheap thrills in my corporate refugee life --- Claudette's Brazo de Mercedes.  It's my first delicious taste of this creme-filled log roll of Spanish origin. During my younger years, I didn't like eating this cake since the ones I've eaten are poorly made or substandard. Even Goldilock's version is not that good. But Claudette's version is the best by far. It's not too sweet and the consistency of its cream filling is similar to yema, a childhood favorite. The best part is, it's only a stone's throw away from Netopia.

No comments: