Friday, February 19, 2010

Off to the Eighth Wonder of the World

Yesterday, a law school buddy called to inform me of our friend's wedding. The wedding will be held in Ifugao on March 14, 2010, and it will be a traditional Ifugao wedding of some sort. Of course, I made an imaginary bull's eye on my calendar. Know what? I'm *insert any adjective pertaining to extreme excitement*!!!

Aside from Mayon Volcano of Bicol and Chocolate Hills of Bohol (check), the Banaue Rice Terraces of Ifugao is one of our country's tourists spots which I really want to take a good view of. Way back in grade school, these rice terraces were a familiar spot in Sibika at Kultura textbooks. Or was it Heograpiya? OMG, am I that ancient?

To keep my excitement burning, I want to post a snap shot of the Eighth Wonder of the World here. I'm a bit surprised to know that the Statue of Liberty in the Big Apple is also an Eighth Wonder of the World.



According to Wikipedia, "Eighth Wonder of the World is a term sometimes used to describe things in comparison to the Seven Wonders of the World, the widely-known list of seven remarkable constructions of classical antiquity." For a complete list, click here.

I am extraordinarily excited!

No comments: