Monday, February 1, 2010

Cheap Thrills in Life Series: Green Mango and Bagoong

Let's be honest. My salivary glands are going full force in their natural functions while I'm typing this entry. I just drank water like a fish after devouring the green mangoes and sauteed shrimp fry or bagoong. Eating this classic combo is equally a classic way to perk myself up. I prefer actually the Indian green mango for a very obvious reason --- less face deforming.

If the Philippines will be declared uninhabitable and the Chief Executive (Holy moly, who?) will randomly send any Pinoy soul to an uncharted territory or to Uncle Sam or to Rasputin's domain and I happened to be one of those poor unfortunate souls (who knows?), I'd stash bottles of bagoong and mango seeds and wait for 3 to 5 years for fruits. My point is, I simply love this duo.

No comments: