Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pizza & Pasta at Shakey's Valero

I had the most perfect combo for dinner last Thursday at Shakey's which is still one of the best pizza restaurants we have in the country but often overlooked. Two of my favorite food items in the world were served - pizza and pasta! It's been a while that I haven't dined at Shakey's Valero, so I brought my big appetite with me. Never mind the fact that BF and I shared this quite heavy dinner with two officemates. :)

Iced tea for all

And this is the part where I'm getting hungry just by looking at the pictures again. Argh. I should try cooking penne pasta next time in full support of my quest to find the most perfect pasta dish. For the record, I have been trying my damndest to cook pasta during weekends and, yes, baby steps.

Baked Italian sausage penne (Php 343, platter with loaf of garlic bread) - meaty and chunky Italian sausage on baked penne pasta with marinara sauce topped with cheddar cheese and parsley

High-protein supreme (Php 293, large) - all-meat pizza packed with beef, salami, pepperoni, ham and Italian sausage topped with a tangy ranch dressing

 Halfway gone. I mean, the pizza.

Penne pasta for the win! The marinara sauce reminds me of the flavorful diced tomatoes I used in my fettucine pasta last weekend. Yum yum.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The person who created this post is a genius and knows how to keep the readers connected. Thanks for sharing this with us.
reliable packers in chennai.