Monday, August 2, 2010

Banana Leaf, Greenbelt 3

My law school friends, namely, Princess, An-c and Ben and I simply wanted to unwind that day, and we all came into agreement to dine out. Since we're all based in the CBD as corporate refugees, we agreed to meet up in Greenbelt. We chose Banana Leaf among all the restos in Greenbelt 3 since most of us were then craving for contemporary Asian cuisine, or maybe, we were just plainly famished, or simply both.


Pre-dinner shots with good ole buddy Princess

Below are the delicious Asian dishes we ordered. Yum.

 Pomelo Salad Thai Style

 
Nasi Goreng & Penang Fried Rice with Salted Fish and Chicken 

It was good to know that the servings are good enough for 3 to 4 persons. Since we are all rice eaters, we ordered three servings of rice. Carbo-loading, yes.

  Thai Green Curry Chicken

 
Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables

 
Malayan Beef Rendang

It was my first time to eat beef rendang, and I thought it was too spicy for my taste. My friends told me that beef rendang is of Indonesian origin and rendang dishes are served during special occasions in the Southern portions of our country.
 The overused Korean pose

It was indeed a heavy dinner with all the big servings of rice and the rich and saucy Asian dishes. Plus, we all had several refills of our bottomless iced tea during the meal.

Gluttons unite!

For dessert, we went to Mcdonald's to try out the new sundaes that time: Fruity Strawberry Twist and Fruity Blueberry Twist. All I remember is that each cup contains bits and pieces of chocolate wafer sticks. Best of all, we had our dessert for free! Oh no, not a promo, but thanks to good ole buddy An-c!

Sundaes for dessert

I'm looking forward to another food trip with them. Make it soon, my friends!

Photo credits: An-c's phone

1 comment: