Thursday, August 19, 2010

Café Cesario: Pinoy Comfort Food at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport

[N.B.: Due to slightly heavy workload, I had blogging glitches. I'm not very good in updating my travel posts. In a short contemplation, I noticed that this blog has evolved as a foodie blog and I strongly disagree! LOL! I created this blog to ramble off... all and sundry. So there.]

Okay, this is a rather long overdue post about my family's trip (BF was there too) to Cebu early this year. Primarily, we went there to attend my cousin's wedding in Carcar City which coincided with the Sinulog Festival. While killing time at the Mactan-Cebu International Airport, BF and I found this charmingly Pinoy café named Café Cesario.
                                               
The leatherette menu

I remember I even asked the Cebuano waiter (using Cebuano dialect of course!) if the cafe has other branches in Cebu. True enough, Cafe Cesario started out as a small resto inside Hotel Cesario located in Lapu-Lapu City. I also remember we were not really famished that time since we took early dawn breakfast in Carcar City. Basically, we just wanted to try the food or, yes, kill time while waiting for our 9:30 a.m. flight. 

 
How about a hot bowl of sinigang early in the morning? Not me.

Note the TV commercial-inspired look on his face while eating.

On the other hand, I opted to order a light snack, or so I thought. Their chicken arroz caldo was surprisingly very tasty. For an airport food, I still think it was exceptional. I forgot the price though. 

Who would've thought that they serve very flavorful arroz caldo? If you noticed, there are two spoons in my bowl. Apparently, BF also loved the arroz caldo after I raved about it.

In a hindsight, I never regret eating at Cafe Cesario considering the seemingly pricey menu. Oh well, nothing comes cheap at the airports, right? It was Pinoy comfort food amidst the hustle and bustle often associated in big airports.

Still in Cafe Cesario: wacky shots or the ignore-the-stares-of-other-people-look

 
(Clockwise from top) Obligatory airport pic, BF checking out a pasalubong stall (danggit, bai!), Zubuchon signage and my family

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
It’s really informative post. I like the way you describe this. Thanks for sharing. . .
quality packing and moving in chennai.