Friday, September 10, 2010

Want Some Balut?

Growing up, I was taught that eating balut makes one feel energized or physically strong. I took that  word of mouth seriously. In college, I see to it that I consume one  when I need to type long reports. Yes, typing back then took me until the wee hours in the morning. I thought I was too young then to worry about the bulk of cholesterol that comes with every piece. I didn't make a big deal of the cholesterol it might contribute to my system simply because I love it. Nowadays, though, I do worry.

Balut with spicy vinegar and  iodized salt

If only Fear Factor would make an exclusive season for balut eating, setting aside the health concerns, then I'd probably make it as one of the major winners. Dare me! :)

3 comments:

Ibyang said...

this is one food that i miss eating--balut. i can find some here in sydney from filipino restos but not all the time.

happy week!

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

I can't remember when was the last time I had balut maybe during my younger years. I couldn't eat it now haha naawa ako sa sisiw lol
xoxo
MrsM

Unknown said...

This is an informative and interesting post for I think it is very useful and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing. . .
movers in cochin.