Sunday, September 12, 2010

French Baker and Mutya

The long weekend allowed me to bond with Mutya, one of my best foodie friends from law school until post-law school. That's right, I've been eating since time immemorial. Just so you know, I gained quite a few pounds since the Elle Woods chapter of my life. But I don't want to spoil my overwhelming love for food by ranting out excessively about unwanted calories, right? It's always good to know that I have a friend who's just one text away from my erratic mood for food. I miss Mutya and all our seemingly endless conversations about all and sundry. 

Since we both lived near Araneta Center, we decided to eat at the newly-opened French Baker at Skywalk. Okay, let's go to the food. We both ordered New York style pizza, an 18-inch monster of a pizza!

White sauce carbonara pizza (bacon, mozzarella, cheese & basil) for me

Red sauce supreme pizza (pepperoni, beef, bell peper, onions, olives & mozzarella) for Mutya

Iced tea

Beef lasagna - layers of mozzarella cheese stuffed with Italian beef Ragu sauce and topped with creamy melted cheese

Lasagna verde - vegetarian spinach lasagna stuffed with layers of mozzarella and roasted vegetables in tomato and sided with grilled foccacia slice

Choco caramel fudge cake

I find the paper table mat of French Baker so interesting. The tourist spots inspired me to nurture my dreams more-  amongst them is to set foot in Paris, one of my dream destinations. Maybe, I could use my rusty  and elementary French language skills into good use. Hahaha! *wishful thinking * 

Till next time, Cha! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow that all looks so yummy xxxxxx

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Choco caramel fudge, I heart! sarap ba?
xoxo
MrsM

Unknown said...

It is nice post and I found some interesting information on this blog, keep it up. Thanks for sharing. . .
packers and movers ahmedabad.