Monday, September 6, 2010

"Tahoooooô!"

This is my tribute to one of my favorite comfort foods. Wikipedia defines taho as a Philippine snack food made of fresh soft/silken tofu, arnibal (brown sugar and vanilla syrup), and pearl sago (similar to pearl tapioca). I couldn't imagine my youngster years without it. Once I heard the taho peddler on the street, I'd immediately fish out some coins (forgetting how much is actually darn good), rush to the kitchen to get my own glass and, moments later, I'd enjoy a glass/cup of taho!

 
The biggest tub of taho I had in years (Php 54 at SM Supermarket Makati)

Easy to eat, pretty cheap and rich in protein.

2 comments:

Ibyang said...

penge!!! oh how i've missed taho from the phils :) as in.

Unknown said...

Nice post. It’s really informative for the followers and users of this site like me. I like the way you describe this. Thanks for sharing. . .
packing and moving ranchi.