Sunday, September 26, 2010

Trip to: Booksale (Ver. 2)

When: September 25, 2010

Last Thursday night, an officemate, who is a fellow bookworm, tagged me in her Facebook status which goes like this:  
Super sale at Booksale - dela costa. Got 3 titles for only P20 each. [Ms (my name)  go na!]

A sudden surge of adrenaline pumped my bookworm veins upon reading it. So I made a mental note to go to that particular Booksale branch the next day, which is Friday. However, I cancelled that much-awaited trip sometime in the middle of Friday afternoon due to a very entertaining singing contest at our office. I consoled myself that I can always visit the Shopwise Arcade branch in Cubao because it's much nearer to our house. True enough, I wasn't disappointed. After patiently peering at the titles on book shelves, I finally settled on these four (4) books.


Total cost: Php 100 only

The four books are:
1) Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
2) The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama
3) Are You Somebody: The Accidental Memoir of a Dublin Woman by Nuala O'Faolain 
4) Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier

I was and still am giddy with happiness with this book haul of mine. I recently finished reading the books I bought at the MIBF. As always, I'm looking forward to more interesting and cheapskate finds at Booksale. :)

Booksale
Shopwise Arcade, Araneta Center

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really appreciate it, I will visit whenever I have found the stuff That I have been searching for in all the web for, keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing. . .
international shipping services jaipur.