Friday, September 10, 2010

Trip to: Booksale (Ver. 1)

One thing that thrills me is a trip to Booksale. Yes, it's my secret retail therapy. Not a secret anymore, I guess. Whenever I feel sad or when something didn't turn out right, I'd seek refuge in the printed pages of a book. If it's food, then that would be emotional eating already. Anyhoo, I have no specific genre in mind. As long as the book -

(a) carries an interesting topic - which, I think, is subjective, or 
(b) is tagged as bestseller or has an award-winning author, or 
(c) is priced way much lower than its first bookstore appearance; or
(d) AOTA -

I'd buy it right away. What follows is a souvenir shot of my recent book haul. I'm hoping for more to follow.


(a) The Greenhaven Press Literary Companion to British Literature: Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
(b) The Senator's Wife by Sue Miller
(d) A Matter of Character: Inside the White House of George W. Bush by Ronald Kessler
(e) The Plot Against Social Security: How The Bush Plan is Endangering Our Financial Future by Michael A. Hiltzik
(g) Pat Nixon: The Untold Story by Julie Nixon Eisenhower

Worthy to note is that I only spent Php 195 for these 7 books. Such a steal, right? Booksale, a cheapskate bookworm heaven, really makes reading affordable. :)

Booksale
Shopwise Arcade, Araneta Center

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is an awesome post and so is helpful to me, thanks for posting. . .
packing and unpacking gwalior.