Friday, September 10, 2010

Pasalubong: Pastel

The firstborn's request has been granted: pastel from CDO, dubbed locally as the City of Golden Friendship. A couple of days ago, my folks went to said city for reasons which I want keep mum. *winks* I clamored nonstop for pastel as their pasalubong. 

J & A and Vjandep pastel -original yema flavor (gone in, uhm... 60 seconds)

Pastel are soft buns filled with yummy fillings such as yema, cheese, langka, macapuno, mango, pineapple or ube. Of course, I was specific about my penchant for Vjandep, the most popular pastel which originates in Camiguin. Another brand, J & A Pastel of Cagayan de Oro, is fast becoming a contender for the best pastel in town. A childhood friend confirmed this buzz through Facebook messaging. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is nice post and I found some interesting information on this blog, keep it up. Thanks for sharing. . .
local house shifting in pune.

Anonymous said...

No one can bet the pastel of Vjandep. The best soft buns and filled with very yummy filling, especially the special yema :D
http://on.fb.me/1AoKNeS