Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Night I Saw A Damaso Shirt

When: October 7, 2010

One moonlit night, I saw a Damaso shirt being displayed at The Reading Room in Cubao Expo. 

Padre Damaso is a character in Jose Rizal’s Noli Me Tangere. He is one of the most notorious characters in the novel, which revolves around the abuses of Spanish friars during the 19th century. So Filipino 3 in HS and Life and Works of Jose Rizal in college, right? I thought so. Seriously, Damaso shirts are being sold around the metro to support Carlos Celdran. 

I'm not really keen in following news tidbits nowadays. At home, one can find me curling up with a no-brainer book or simply blogging while listening to pop music. Then trip to dreamland will immediately follow. But one intriguing news awakened the Curious George in me. Interesting topics were contained in a single news report -  Carlos Celdran, Padre Damaso, Manila Cathedral and, last but not the least, RH bill.

I'm not the type to discuss in-depth and geeky info about those topics because any Curious George can simply google them all up. In my shaky world called contemplation, these topics certainly deserve some tribute. What sort of tribute, one may ask. A tribute to college memories, hence this post. College pertains to the stage in my life where idealism comes in tremendous waves. Although I was a bit unsure of what I could possibly do back then, idealism was always present in my heart and soul. Various college scenes were revealed to me in flashes, and the ending is the present me.

For the life of me, I forgot to ask how much it costs. Boo hoo.

At the back of my head, I could hear my younger self saying, "Remember when you're in college? You were so much idealistic and more artsy then!" 

Oh Damaso shirt, you've surely made me feel young and idealistic once again!

The Reading Room
Cubao Expo
General Romulo Araneta Avenue
Araneta Center

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really appreciate it, I will visit whenever I have found the stuff That I have been searching for in all the web for, keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing. . .
relocation services .