Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chocolate Pasta @ Heavenly Chocolates

When: October 15, 2010

My extended birthday leave has got me bored a little bit. I figured out that staying at home (translation: sleeping too much, reading no-brainers or singing to my heart's content) will do me no good. So after paying the bills at the nearby supermarket, I went to Empanada Nation along Roces Avenue to have my Ilocos empanada fix. Unfortunately, it wasn't opened yet when I dropped by so I walked down a bit and, voila, found Heavenly Chocolates. From Ilocos empanada to chocolate pasta.. how odd, isn't it?

 Chocolate pizza and extra large chocolate bar (priced at Php 600, if I remember it correctly)

The cafe is somewhat cozy, sort of Starbucks coffee shop without the noisy caffeine-injected youngsters. Since I'm not really into chocolates and I was merely killing time, I ordered what seems to be their house specialty. The following are chocolate facts found in one of the cafe's walls and I quote them in honor of the classic tagline "Did you know?":
The Aztec emperor Montezuma drank nothing but chocolate - fifty pitchers prepared for him each day.

Cocoa beans were used as Aztec currency: ten beans for a wife, and a hundred beans for a good slave.

Only Aztec kings and members of his court could drink chocolate. It was a drink for royalty.

In the 16th century, Hernan Cortez brought Montezuma's chocolate drink recipe to Europe.
 House specialty: Montezuma chocolate pasta (Php 150) ~ penne pasta, cream, bacon bits, shallots and topped with bittersweet chocolate ganache

This chocolate pasta is the cafe's version of the traditional Pinoy combo of  champorado and tuyo. I could barely finish this pasta dish. Hahaha! Truth to tell, I never had a hard time eating any pasta except this one. Sweet pasta doesn't appeal to me. The only thing that motivated me to finish (almost) is fear of food wastage.


After what seems to be forever... my table looked like this. There was no way that I could consume  the fudge bar, my choice of dessert, which I requested to be served after my meal. I told the crew that I  changed my mind and and will take the fudge bar home. I thought I suffered a chocolate overdose. *sigh*

 

My chocolate pasta experience was not so heavenly after all.

Heavenly Chocolates
Unit 1 Roces Center
127 Roces Avenue, Quezon City
(near Tomas Morato)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanted to thank you for this special read. Your site is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for sharing. . .
reliable movers and packers Delhi.