Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Binondo Food Trip: Shanghai Fried Siopao

When: October 10, 2010

As we were about to exit Chinatown, a savory whiff of siopao passed my nostrils. I immediately stopped in my tracks since I saw lots of people flocking inside this store which sells Chinese goodies. So I did not hesitate to ask the vendor if the siopao is fried in a large pan with cooking oil. The truth is, I dread deep-fried food stuff.

 

Lo and behold, it's not fried as a whole. It's just the bottom part that gets fried or lightly browned.

Shanghai fried siopao (Php 16 each)

For this quick photoshoot, I split one piece into two to check the filling. Yum. This siopao is packed with meaty goodness and, hey, it has chives too. I saw no signs of scrimping on ingredients here.


Very affordable and tasty. I'd love to go back and buy a frozen pack next time.

Shanghai Fried Siopao
Ongpin Street
Binondo, Manila

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Truly it is very nice to read this kind of blogs, you really share interesting post. Thanks for posting…
Car transportation services.