Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon


'"Shoot," I muttered when the paper sliced my finger; I pulled it out to examine the damage. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut.
It all happened very quickly then.
Edward threw himself at me, flinging me back across the table...
I tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. I felt the searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow.
Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm—into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires."

Above is Bella Swan's dialogue, which serves as New Moon's teaser in the official website of author Stephenie Meyer. It's interesting how Bella's paper cut could create a clever twist to the Twilight Saga.


 
Oh Edward, my Edward! (sigh)

 
"Can I touch your six-pack, Jake?"



Love triangle


Yes, I've been bitten by the bug. And I don't mind at all. If it's a handsome vampire like Edward Cullen who will bite me, I certainly wouldn't mind either. So am I Twihard or a Twilighter? I reee-leee don't know. 

Urban Dictionary defines a Twihard as a serious/obsessive reader of the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, one leap above Twilighters. Okay, I'm guilty. So what's a Twilighter? UD further tells us that "the difference between being a Twilighter and being a Twihard, is that Twihards have embraced a new Twiligion... er.... I mean, religion based on Twilight. They live and breath Twilight. Most Twihards are for Edward and Bella. Therefore, those Twihards are all for true love & love at first sight. Point out one thing to a Twihard, and they can relate it to Twilight instantly. Savage and wild, they need every single thing to be perfect in the upcoming Twilight movie."  With this, I think I'm more of a Twilighter.

Nine days after the New Moon's release date, I found myself watching the much-talked-about movie. For a self-confessed Twilight Saga fan, it's already a mortal sin to watch this late. Okay, pay me no mind in this hyperbole. LaineyGossip literally murdered the movie in its pop review. Oh well.

Truth to tell, I enjoyed the movie. It's basically centered on today's famous love triangle: Edward Cullen (vampire), Bella Swan (100% hopeless romantic human) and Jacob Black (werewolf). The hopeless romantic in me played a big part in joining the Twilight Saga cult. I think that's the major factor why this vampire fiction appealed so much to the young and young at hearts.

The huge New Moon poster in the cinema has the following teaser:

"The Twilight Saga
New Moon
The Next Chapter Begins
11.20.09
 Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love, Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner). Suddenly, she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and finds her loyalties tested."

There were also bits of info about the two teams: the Quileute and the Volturi.


"Sam Uley leads the Quileute wolf pack. His pack includes fellow Quileutes, Paul, Jared and Embry. The werewolves possess extraordinary abilities: they move faster than vampires and are amazingly strong. Their average body temperature is 108-109 F, and they heal astonishingly fast. They can even smell the scent of a vampire. The pack shares all of their thoughts while in wolf form, but each retains his own individuality."

"The Volturi are the equivalent of a royal family to vampires. The Volturi have existed for at least three thousand years, if not more. They are the largest coven in existence, followed by Carlisle's family and Tanya's. However, they do not follow a "vegetarian" diet in which they capture and murder several humans in a carefully planned "meal". They are considered the de facto royal family of vampires. The Volturi deal swiftly and decisively with anything they consider a threat to the vampire world. They destroy anyone who attempts to overthrow them or resist their authority."


Members of the Volturi have their lines, too. Beat that, huh.


"We do not offer second chances."
-Caius


"This may hurt just a little."
-Jane


"I love a happy ending. They are so rare."
-Aro


And, of course, the love triangle couldn't be left behind. Below are their cheesy lines:


"It never made sense for you to love me. I always knew that."
  -Bella


"What choice have I? I cannot be without you. But I will not destroy your soul."
 -Edward


"I'm so sorry that I can't be the right kind of monster for you, Bella."
-Jacob


The last scene which is undeniably a cliffhanger made me thirst not for  blood but for Eclipse.

Edward to Bella: "Marry me." 

I'll try my damndest to wait.

 




No comments: