Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baguio Escapade: Day 1

GG & I... we're inseparable!

I might as well confess it. I'm a big sucker for uber-sweet and mushy love stories. Guilty, your honor! Just when I thought I'd end up as a spinster, I was fortunate enough to experience a front-seat, cinematic experience of a mushy love story. Yes, yes, yo! My very own love story. Details of how that love story blossomed will soon follow in another entry. For now, let's go and take a walk down the memory lane ... to the roads of Baguio.


After we checked in and left our belongings at Hotel Veniz, we took a stroll at SM Baguio. One fascinating thing about the mall is its overlooking deck where one could breathe and simply gaze at the panoramic view of Baguio. Mention Baguio and the foggy skyline and the cool breeze will always come to your mind, right? We even bought ourselves cute character tees in Artwork.



GG as Ibarra & me as Sisa

Oh, the red roses in between the tees came from, who else but, GG! It's our 30th day as love duo. Wonder where he bought that red bunch? Where else but in the heart of the famous Baguio market! (big laugh) I told him I'm not a big fan of surprises, so why not? I was with him when he bought that floral bunch.

Then came dinner time and I told GG that we should try Cafe by the Ruins. He willingly obliged as it would be his first time in that unique resto. It's actually my second time to dine there, and I was quite satisfied with the ambiance & food during my first visit last March. According to the cafe's website, "it is certainly the most unique restaurant in Baguio in structure, menu and philosophy. The ruins are a stretch of stone wall across the street from Baguio City Hall, relic of the house of the last [civil] governor." As long as my penchant for anything historic and my taste buds will be satisfied, I'd definitely go for it.


"Sir, what's your order," asked Rosalinda.


I'm a big Thalia fan, so here I am, pretending I'm "Rosalinda." Ay amor! Not to be outsmarted, here's GG, pretending that he's getting mad due to slow resto service and his date failed to show up. (laugh)



"Galit na 'ko!"

GG ordered their famous tapang bundok; I ordered pinikpikan, a native chicken dish in the Cordillera region. It was good... but not that good that I would definitely visit them again. We're happy that we tried, and that's it. (laugh)

No comments: