Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Miss You Like Crazy

One thing's for sure: John Lloyd-Bea's newest cheesy flick is another open invitation to travel to Kuala Lumpur (the first was the heist film Entrapment in 1999) and stare at the Petronas Towers. The rest is a hodge-podge of typical Pinoy cheesy flick with a happy ending. And in Pinoy love stories, the ending is quite predictable from the first few minutes.

I watched it because I'm a fan of the love team. They look good together and the chemistry is remarkable. Years ago, the Bea-John Lloyd was another option for Kristine-Echo, except that the former proves to be more credible during TV interviews. Before the Bea-John Lloyd love team was launched in the movies, their chemistry was already tried and tested in daily soaps such as Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay and Betty La Fea. This is what I know right now: the female is a meztisa while the guy is tall, dark and handsome. Throw in a cheesy plot and, voila, a box-office hit!

In my opinion, the story of MYLC can hardly be possible in real life. I'm pretty sure others share the same opinion too. Imagine, a four-year-old relationship versus a week-old series of double entendres. Then the guy would profess that he loved the object of his flirting, which, to me, is truly impossible. In historical romance paperbacks, yes, but never in cold reality. It's a feel-good movie nonetheless. If there's one good thing about Bea-John Lloyd movies and soaps, then it's the presence of "kilig" in large doses. Kilig to the bones. The love team guarantees us that.

As always, John Lloyd is an eye candy all throughout the movie and he can act as well. He's the Christopher de Leon of our era. Bea, on the other hand, has proven herself once again that acting is her domain. She doesn't have to venture in singing and launching an album because she sings poorly.

Now, I remember. It's not just the Petronas Towers and Lake Titiwangsa Park (Malay can be funny) I'm curious of. I'm also curious of our very own Pasig River Ferry Service. I wonder if I can really leave a stone with imprints in the ferry seats.

No comments: