Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm Blogging About: Animal Crackers

Blame this and, yeah, this. I am now fascinated with shapes and any interesting likeness of palate pleasers. And more weirdly though, I think I'm now more inclined to browse supermarket shelves. Why? I think it's part of my life rewind and to pay tribute to the simple little joys that showered my life. So there.

Animal crackers for now. And these ain't Barnum's. I hope to see Barnum's next time, so I'll just settle with  Ginbis Party Animals from Japan, folks.

  

Wikipedia tells us that "Animal crackers are crackers in the shapes of animals, some brands of which are sweetened. These are usually animals one would see at the zoo or circus, including lions, tigers, bears, and elephants. There is debate about whether or not animal crackers are actually crackers or cookies. They resemble crackers due to the way they are made, with layered dough, but the use of sweetened dough gives them the cookie taste and consistency." Wow!

Trivial pursuit: According to the Chinese Zodiac, the Year of 2010 is the Year of a Golden Tiger, which begins on February 14, 2010 and ends on February 2, 2011. 

 
 

I'm gonna shape up for the next batch of shapes! LOL!

No comments: