Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yummy Bulalo at Myrna's Bulalo Haus

Bulalo is considered by many Pinoys as their comfort food, and I proudly belong to the bulalo-eating crowd of our republic. During law school days, my friends and I frequent the bulalo spot popularly referred to as Bulalohan sa Ramirez after gossip and booze. I can never forget one so-so day in law school when my classmates and I went to Tagaytay just to savor the hot broth of bulalo even before our evening classes started.  Hmmm yeah, we're all guilty of truancy that day. Those were the days.

According to Wikipedia, comfort foods are familiar, simple foods that are usually home-cooked or eaten at informal restaurants. So my boyfriend and I went to Myrna's Bulalo Haus along Tomas Morato for its rumored delicious bulalo. The place was relatively small and cozy, but what caught our attention were the autographed white plates displayed in the walls. Guess who? Celebrities who had tasted Myrna's bulalo and fell in love with the dish. I have read somewhere along my research that the owner is a talent manager of homegrown singers (e.g. Josh Santana, OJ Mariano). Reading the short messages of appreciation by celebrities is a fun thing to do while waiting for your bulalo.

Bulalo family size, complete with bone marrow (utak), laman, litid and corn and good for 2-3 persons, costs Php 250 only. Their Bulalo Special, which can feed 5 persons (depending on your appetite), comes with tofu and quail eggs. Interesting, right?

 
See? Bulalo has brains. Dig in!

 
The remaining bulalo in the caldero after one cup of rice each. It's the tastiest bulalo I have tried, imagine that.  Huge servings too.

Myrna's beef mami. Really, we didn't order this. For some weird "huh?" moment or a case of poor hearing on the part of the food attendant, this mami ended on our table. LOL! It's yummy nonetheless.

 
Simot-plato gang. And yeah, in case you've noticed, we also ordered ginataang puso ng saging, one of my favorite veggie dishes.

  
The autographed plates on the walls of Myrna's

  
I had to take a close-up shot of Charice Pempengco's and Lito Camo's plates. Reason? I simply love raw Pinoy talent.

  
Punto por punto guy's plate for y'all!

After our sumptous yet sinful bulalo dinner, we decided to cross the famous traffic street of Tomas Morato to Thompson Square where Yoh-gurt Froz is located. Time for healthy dessert, yes.

Do your health a flavor! Plain frozen yogurt with New York cheesecake, kiwi and mango as toppings.

Why yogurt is good for health? This interesting poster seems to know all the healthy answers. Read if you wish. LOL!




No comments: